Self love is an exceptionally important part of healing, as well as having moments of content and peace. In order to make the most out of life, you need to be able to see your potential and your abilities. You need to see you worthy of love, from others and most importantly, from yourself.
Below I’ve listed some prompts you can use to start bringing self love into your life.
- What is your favourite feature?
- What is your most redeeming quality?
- Write about a time that you helped someone.
- Write about a time you overcame a fear or obstacle.
- List your five favourite ways to relax.
- Tell me your favourite story that always brings a smile to your face.
- What does your dream life look like?
- Who inspires you the most? Why?
- What is your favourite book, movie or podcast?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses, and how do they positively affect your life?
- “Before I’m (20,30,40 etc)” bucket list
- Name 10 things you loved as a child.
- What was your favourite holiday growing up?
- If failure wasn’t an option, what would you do?
- What do you need to heal the most? How can you do it? And how will your life change for the better?
- What are you really good at?
- One anxiety a day: what fears and worries can you overcome?
- What is draining your positive energy and how can you change it?
- Write about your 3 top hobbies.
- Examine your favourite poem. What does it mean to you?
- What habits would you like to change that would positively impact your life?
- Who is your role model?
- If you could be any celebrity, who would it be and why?
- You’re writing a book, what’s the plot?
- What is your favourite season?
- What would be your perfect day?
- How are you, really?
- Vent your negative emotions. Then make a game plan to let go of what is dragging you down.
- Write a daily, weekly, monthly gratitude list.
- What is the best compliment you’ve ever been given?
- Write an letter to your younger self.
- What is your perfect job?
- When are you motivated, inspired and ready to take on the day?
“Talk to yourself like someone you love” – Brene Brown
Much love x